cc trubiak’s album they say i’m different is not what i expected. upon blindly picking it up at the stylus meeting and believing it to be some sort of rhymesayers or break bread style of hip-hop, imagine my surprise at it being an acoustic singer-songwriter affair. names like montreal’s patrick watson and groups like beirut come to mind in terms of contemporary artists. trubiak has a subtle voice that really carries these tracks about love (lost and found). this record is highly advised, not only for fans of the aforementioned patrick watson and beirut but for fans of james taylor as well. (Independent, myspace.com/cctrubiak) c.frsn
- Bahamas + Reuben and the Dark = Good Times, Winnipeg
- Chromeo :: Playing catch-up with bad taste
- Monomyth – Saturnalia Regalia!
- These Estates – The Dignity of Man
- Blunderspublik :: An Homage to 90s Winnipeg
- Odesza – In Return
- JEFF BIRD – Rhythm and Entertainment
- CKUWho :: Stylus celebrates 25 years of independent music coverage
Winnipeg's Music Blog for News, Concerts, Interviews, Art and Entertainment.